and there are no pictures to prove it.
I now have a response for when I'm 95 years old and someone asks, "What's your greatest regret in life?"
In case you didn't know, I love Dick Van Dyke.
And when I say I love him, I mean I love, love, LOVE HIM!!!
As I was heading to lunch and cutting through The Park Lane Hotel on Tuesday, as I do everyday, I ran into... guess who? Bert himself.
I was walking through the hallway just past the lobby, heading for the revolving door when out of it's revolution came walking a blue-eyed dream in a grey three-piece suit with all white hair and a snowy beard.
I stopped walking, covered my mouth/dropped jaw, and stared.
Just as he approached me and passed by my right ear I heard his sweet and distinct voice and I almost cried.
I turned with him as he passed and just watched him walk away... slowly (he's 85 Btw), saying to myself over and over "Ask him for a picture, no one is around."
But as I contemplated how to address him, nothing sounded right... "Mr. Dick?", "Mr. Dyke?", "Mr. Dick Van Dyke?" Also, I didnt want to cry in front of him so I opted for nothing and just watched, misty eyed, as he walked on.
Biggest regret of my life thus far!
By the way, his eyes are so blue, you could swim in them!
Apparently he was on the Today Show that morning, promoting his new book, 'My Lucky Life: In and Out of Show Business.'
I might just have to buy it!
Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
Swooning,
~Kare


1 comments:
WOW! I would've had the SAME reaction. At least you can say you walked by him. You can photoshop yourself into a photo w/ him ;-) Swoon.
Post a Comment