In most suburbs, when there is no beach access, people sunbathe poolside.
In New York City, we sunbathe in Central Park.
Reagan and I had planned a park date and since she had access to her car, she felt like taking me on a little field trip.
After driving around the park for an hour, making a pit stop at pick-a-bagel, and discussing the finer things in life - like SNL, Judy Garland, and Lady Gaga, Reagan and I finally found the sweetest parking spot a park-goer could ask for. This is an accomplishment on an average day, but on THIS particular day, the day of the Puertorican Day Parade, a spot on Central Park West is like winning the lottery!
(Tradesies)
A lot of cookies and some girl talk later, Yelz finally made her way through the crowd on 5th Ave and met up with us.
I believe I've said it before - numerous times even - but Reags is THE Hairdresser on Fire. A blogger with a rather large following.
On this day of tanning in the park, she created maybe one of her now most notorious (in my opinion only) hair accessories. She calls it, the Hair String-Kini and it gives your bathing suit strap some much needed use once you've removed it for proper tanning sans tan-lines.
Before this innovation, what purpose did your strap serve once removed?
Well, my point exactly.
Problem solved.
Once Reagan whipped out her hefty-duty camera, Yelz offered to be our photographer. Maybe she was feeling camera shy, but look at these great shots she snapped!
They even made it on Reagan's blog, HERE!
And from here on out, the pictures can't compare.
As we walked home, we stumbled upon the central park mall (don't look at me, I didn't name it, but that's what it's called) completely empty. That never happens.
Really this is the area between the Mall and the Bethesda Fountain. The bandshell? Whatever.
Just a bride and groom... hanging out.
We couldn't help but stop by Pets on Lex on our walk home and look who found love...
Puppy love!
Gonna prove to you what a great summer this has been, but we've still got a long way to go! Spoiler alert: I find an actual pool.
Love,
~Kare*


1 comments:
You guys are champs. I wouldn't last longer than five minutes in that heat w/o a pool. Literally. I once laid out in the park in college that everyone would go to and suffered for twenty minutes, and never went back. I need a pool!
Post a Comment