I can't believe that both Mother's Day AND Father's Day went by without any of my acknowledgment at all.
Not a post, a shout out, or a photo flashback.
That being said, I'll take this opportunity of writing about my surprise weekend home back in June - that's right, I'm still catching up from way back when - to also gush about my appreciation for them and cover both of those bases.
June 16th, mom had her first real jewelry show. Ever. And she was a nervous wreck. I decided very last minute (11PM the night before) to take the 3AM train home to surprise her.
It also happened to be Father's Day weekend.
Luckily for me, Seon offered to pick me up from the train station on her way to the show and the surprise was a success... I think. Kern says she had a feeling I was coming, but she still lit... so I call it a win.
She sold well and used her handy-dandy, high-tech iPhone (and square) to charge customers and make sales.
I was proud.
She was even mic'd and interviewed on camera afterwards and she ROCKED IT!
Eva Louise Jewelry sign and luggage with the artist herself and her roadie.
I got to drive (a rarity)...
The back roads to Me-Maw's.
I spent time with this bestie.
And got in some pool time at Nanny's.
(Kern's version of the hair string-kini)
Then I turned around and came right back to the city the very next day, Father's Day.
Sometimes I have thoughts of never having children.
Maybe I'll never get married. Or maybe if I do, I'll be too old or the world will be too cruel.
Or maybe I'll be too selfish with my free time or my career to make that kind of sacrifice.
Then I think about how much love and admiration I have for those two kids I call mom and dad and how my appreciation for their example and selflessness overwhelms me sometimes. I think about how rewarding it would be to know that, even if unspoken at times, there was someone out there in the universe who appreciated and loved me with every ounce of their being and I think, how can I miss out on that?! To know that I could devotedly, even when imperfectly, raise someone up, and that in return that person could still love me with even a smidgen of how much I love them fills my not-yet-existent love cup to the brim. The one I have is already overflowing so why not catch the spillover with another cup?
Sometime in the future. The distant future.
Doesn't seem like such a bad idea after all.
Happy Mother's Day and Father's Day to every mother and father, every day.
Love,
~Kare*
1 comments:
This is just the sweetest post ever that completely melted my heart. What lucky parents you have to have you as a daughter!
You look absolutely stunning in that photo in the truck.
xoxo
Post a Comment