...almost.

This weekend Andrew was in town and we, being Bikram Yoga virgins, proudly survived our first ever session with Bikram pro, Coleman Earl.

In Bikram yoga you are not permitted to leave class. Even if you feel like you are going to throw up or pass out, you are suggested to just have a seat on the floor. Did I mention that it is 105degrees in the studio and class is an hour and a half long?! Andrew and I had prepared a secret hand signal for when we were finally ready to 'tap out' and have a sit, but we never needed it and frankly, we showed a few people up in that room if I do say so myself. (It's the heat that turns your body -and muscles- into a rubbery pretzel. It's two days later and not only am I as sore as ever, but I can barely touch my toes let alone balance on one straight leg doing ANYTHING for ANY length of time.) And let me also say, that Bikram practicers have no body image issues. Whatsoever. It's kind of beautiful and kind of horrifying all at the same time. We were definitely the more modestly dressed of the 55 participants in this Sunday's class.

And don't worry, the smell of sweaty feet mixed with chinese food passes shortly after class begins, along with the feeling that you're going to suffocate.
I'm grateful for a healthy body that allowed me to survive the Bikram experience. I should prove how much I appreciative it, by treating it well more often.
To start, I'll refrain from having Shake Shack for the next month!
Namaste'.
Also this weekend, I organized some of my jewelry (or at least some of what I have here in NY with me). What I thought would take me about 4hours (because it usually does), only took me 2 and 1/2. Impressive. Unimpressive though, I only edited out about 2 pieces. Pathetic.
I didnt even touch these treasures...

~kare


1 comments:
Oh 2Pumps you are so brave. I have been so afraid of any kind of yoga, much less Bikram. I'm cringing now thinking about how my hair would look afterwards. Yikes!
Post a Comment