Sunday, April 10, 2011

The wedding of the century

...was a century in the making!

Christy and Andy have such a beautiful love story, that I dont think it would be my place to share (especially on here), but just know it's beautiful! It was 10yrs in the making and I feel SO blessed to have been a part of their special day.
(Please forgive me. For the life of me, I could not manage to get a full on frontal shot of the blushing bride, but as you can tell, she was STUNNING!)

For my first sleep over at Christy Little's house (or as my Dad calls her, 'Little Christy'), she choreographed us a dance to the coca-cola song on cassette and I was in LOoooVE! Then her Daddy took us to a Richmond Braves game where she razzmatazzed our entire row of baseball fans with jingles and jazz hands as she tap danced across the bleachers. She sang every advertisement as they were announced and kneeled, tipping and shaking her batting helmet, as the grand finale. Suddenly, Kelly Kapowski had some serious competition as my lifelong idol.

For years, my mom used the phrase, "Well Christy Little would do it..." as my example to help her with chores, be kind to others, share, or to simply just do my best.
When she offered to drive me to my first day of high school, I was ELATED! And terrified. I stressed about what to wear and bragged about the fact that I, a lowly freshman, would arrive with a senior. I put A TON of energy into my outfit and she picked me up wearing a pair of cut off blue jeans and a T-shirt because, she was Christy Little -she was ALREADY cool, it didn't matter what she wore! I sat on my hands the entire drive to hide my nerves and I felt SO cool when I too knew all the words to Dixie Chicks, 'Cowboy Take Me Away' as she blared it, windows down.
I remember when she was accepted to the National Honors Society and later that year, at her graduation, I told my mom "I hope to be just like that Christy Little one day."... I still do.

Christy has always set such a good, albeit hard to live up to, example for me! She is original in every way, effervescent, kind, and spiritual. Andy is a lucky man and their future children are certainly favored little spirits (I cant wait to meet them one day!).

Bottom line, everyone could use a 'Little Christy' in their life!

Other attendees...
LOVE Britney (bridesmaid)! And her hubby (and my high school friend) Jared!
Just when you think Brit and Christy couldn't be any more alike, they both go and marry doctors!


Somehow or another, Mom and I end up in this position at every wedding we attend... Sometimes it's even mid Thriller choreography (and without skipping a beat might I add). It's like our calling in life. Our wedding essentials are safety pins, and Advil. As expected, both were needed, without fail, on Christy's big day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment