Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Curtain


It's official. 
Dad has finally started production on his song, The Curtain, which he wrote almost 3yrs ago. He's been kickin' it with the youngsters and being creative and musical 'til all hours of the night. When he's in the studio, he's brainstorming with Bryce (seriously y'all, I LOVE his album! BUY IT!), Allen (you may recognize him from the VCU games if you've been watching - he's the drummer for our famous, award-winning, pep band), and Trey (the owner of Songwire Studios in Richmond, VA).
It's sounding great and I'm getting the cutest texts/pictures from Dad.










That last picture is a special one. 
That's my Pa-Pa's Guild guitar and in case you didn't know, 
Dad's song is written about his father,
my late Pa-Pa, and his career as a musician.

It's on the track and 
it's the cause of emotion 
 in this convo below...


He's precious sometimes.

I'm going home soon to help put down the vocal harmonies...
as soon as Dad's childhood bestie, Tim, lays down the lead vocals.
They may deeply regret asking me, 
but I'm more than honored to be a part of the project!
"Above all, I believe in music."
Love,
~Kare*

0 comments:

Post a Comment