Saturday I met up with Rusty and Andrea at Ft. Tilden (specifically located in... BFE). It took me a little over 2 hours to get there, but it was worth it for the "country beach" aspect (which we all know is MUCH better than any other kind of beach... right? Good - glad we're all on the same page). We laid out, ate grapes, used a port-a-potty, and caught balloons that drifted onto shore.

Rusty recently graduated from NYUCD so Andrea and I felt it appropriate to re-gift this wash-up balloon to the new Doctor.
I had Diddy's first (and apparently last) improv show to get to, so I left the beach rather early with Rusty and we had mind blowing conversations on the train while eating Oreos.

I had done my hair like this (see first pic below) for Duffy's improv show the night before, worn it to the beach like this that day, and was now wearing it (mostly due to my lack of prep time and partly due to the fact that I kind of loved it) to Diddy's show. I've been practicing my braiding techniques as of late... here (below that) is a result forced upon Diddy, by me, from a few weeks ago... maybe months at this point.
I was SUCH a stage mom at Diddy's show with my flowers and video camera... I'll have to get pictures from Yelzy (who I would like to clarify "was there" - she's been feeling left out after being in DR for the last two weeks and missing from the blog). I have post-show shots from her, but what you all REALLY want to see is proof of Diddz' stage presence which is CRAZY good and effortless! I missed capturing the first few seconds of her monologue on video because never in a million years had I imagined she'd step up and volunteer first, but she did. I was suprised, only because I could NEVER do improv, at how comfortable she seemed in front of an audience.

Bravo Didders. Bravo!
All us girls came together and we couldn't help from holding our breath/covering our mouths and holding hands when Diddz was on stage because we felt so nervous for her. It was completely unnecessary because she had no fear and was AMAZING! And also because it wasn't going to help anything anyway.
Sandra, Me, Diddz, Yelz, and Lu.
See, Yelena was there.
Afterwards we went to Mustang Sally's for drinks and laughs and bachelorette discussions.... wait. What? Did I mention Yelz was gone for the last two weeks AKA last two episodes?!?
No judging.

Congrats on graduating Improv Level 1 Diddz! You da best!
~Legs*
0 comments:
Post a Comment