Friday, June 10, 2011

Official start to summer.

Last weekend was my first official NYC summer weekend of the year.
Friday was BEAUTIFUL.
Every one of my girls was out of town or busy, forcing me to spend the day in the park ALONE... with Harry.
I got super jealous when I saw a little girl across from me drop trou under a tree by the baseball fields and I watched as her nanny pulled out a port-a-potty and she just went. Just like that. No fear, no performance anxiety, she just peed and then ran off to continue playing while her nanny poured the bowl into a trash bag and tossed it. I had been holding it for hours to avoid losing my sweet spot in the sun... where was MY port-a-potty hoarding nanny?!

Saturday was our first Long Beach trip of the summer. I went with my RustyPants and DancyPants and about 10 other people.
Ryan and my cankles. They make a cute couple, don't they?

This is what I look like eating 5 Guys on the train home from Long Beach.
Next stop, Penn Station.

Then came Sunday... Meet DancyPants (Andrea). She's from Dallas so needless to say, she's a BIG Mavs fan. We watched the game at the boys' and my favorite thing about watching with her is that she changes her house seat according to her anxiety level at any given moment.

Cue Andrea's Game Seats Montage:

Welcome summer, I'm glad to see you... Please be good to me this year.
Love,
(as Ryan would say) Canks*

2 comments:

laura said...

Beautiful. Love everything in this post. Can't wait to beach it up with you. Next weekend?

Karrie G. said...

Most likely.

Post a Comment