Friday, February 10, 2012

It's happening...

Guys.
It's really happening...

Because I have the fanciest and most generous of friends (also, she's funny and gorge), I'm going to the SNL dress rehearsal tomorrow night... I got this pix-message from her today (her = Lu).

The dilemma of what to wear set in a few weeks ago, immediately upon the news that we were going. It's a real stumper, especially since I've got a crush on every guy (and even 1 or 2 girls) in the cast and fully expect one, if not all of them, to fall madly in love with me based on my choice... also, because our post-show plans are undetermined, but could call for some fancies. The host is Zooey Deschannel (add her and Laura-Lu for that matter to my list of crushes) with musical guest Karmin?

Needless to say, my excitement is through the roof! Even in it's lulls, SNL has always been one of my most favorite shows of all time. Whether it's hitting or missing, I'm impressed and entertained by the talent of the cast, the hype of live television, the quick changes, I love it ALL!
As one of the longest running shows in history (I'm assuming), somehow the integrity of the show is maintained - 'ridiculousness for the sake of laughter' - and I appreciate that. It is truly a New York City, if not American, institution and I am both a New Yorker and an American. God bless the S.N.L?

Love,
~Kare*

0 comments:

Post a Comment