Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A panty-droppin' SLC trip

for a rocking wedding weekend.

So I decided to join "the team" (Rustin, Kent, and fellow New Yorkers, past & present) for the wedding of the year between Jonny and Hils. Be warned, this post will be mostly pictures due to the fact that the fun that was had cant be put into words... for one reason or another. 
What happens in SLC, stays in SLC? 
We hope. 
At least, I hope.
Just know that the wedding was beautiful, the company glorious, the fun never ending, the behavior poor, and the decisions bad. Enough said.

I was picked up from the airport by sweet Chase who immediately took me to the mall so that I could purchase some shades since I'd forgotten to pack my own...
We dined and chatted and shopped. He has 3 sisters so he was more of a Forever 21 pro than I by FAR!!! 
Then we went to this place to see the flowers...
There he is. What a dream, that kid.

Then we met up with the "team" (not pictured) for more food.

After a Reba party with Rustin on the drive to the groom's house to pick up tuxes (K & R were groomsmen), we let KB play DJ and we were MORE than pleased when he chose THIS...
Amaze!
Thank God for JMM!

The next day was wedding day and we awoke from our sleepover at Helen's to a roaring Rustin with attitude to spare. 
First (and only) cure: 
FIND HIM A CAFFEINATED BEVERAGE.
AND FAST!
Team 'Feed Rustin a Snickers and two big-gulp-sized Dr. Peppers before he's even out of bed,' above.

Rusty's attitude was only enhanced when he and Kent tried on their tuxes and realized they were all the wrong sizes in all the right places?
Something like that.
Anyway, to Mens Wearhouse we go. 
Nothing like a day-of wedding alteration need.
Kent's pants were WAY too small (unfixable) and Rustin's shoes were too tight and shirt/jacket WAY too big.
They wanted a picture in their problem rags, but then JUST as I snapped the picture, Kent dropped trou. 
Score.
 
Please note: This was a public place with multiple prom fittings going on around us.
Also, because NYers are SO fashionable, some of the size/alteration issues were unfixable due to the fact that they had no other pieces of these tuxes in the stores in SLC yet. 
Fashion forward.

A few things happened while getting ready to head to the church. 
Kent decided to get creative in order to have a no-mess shave and to not take up space in the bathroom (reserved for the girls).
How Kent shaves out of a window.
Like a grand-daddy long leg.
In the process, we discovered these mischievous windows.
This picture may seem unnecessary, but it reminds us of some pretty wild romping. 
So it stays. 
And the last thing that happened is unmentionable. But let's just say that for the record, it started as something childish and innocent and also included a pants-less situation.
And we're off... 
"Going to the chapel...." but first a little Nicki Minaj?
Dont mind if we do. 

Meet Holly.
I should've... YEARS ago.
Needless to say, I'm as obsessed with her as you will be after watching this...
As if the car dance party wasn't disruptive enough, we had to nearly take out the parking garage pipes with our enormous rack (RACK CITTAY!!!) and make a hangover-style entrance.
The party's here! 
Let the games begin!


Here comes the bride!!! 
And groom.
Aren't they beautiful?! They're both as sweet as they are good looking, I promise!


I call this next series, "Brothers from different mothers."
Except for Jon and Chet of course. 
Who are obviously from the same mother.



We finally got the newlyweds alone for two seconds.

Can you believe I know all of these beautiful people personally?!
(Myself excluded of course because who says that and is referring to themselves EVER? No one.)
Brent, who I shared my outgoing flight with, was lucky enough to get this kodak moment snapped with all of his NY girls... 
Lucky, lucky man!

Remember when Rustin thought he was REALLY funny and pretended to snap our picture for approx 20 secs while we posed?
So.Funny.

Because there were hours to spare until the big party, we attempted to dine like classy wedding folk, but the SLC City Creek Mall restaurant options were SLAM PACKED! It didnt help that we were a party of approximately a billion... So instead, we opted for a little Chic-fil-a in the mall food court. 
Cuz we're fancy.
(Fancy Linds)
Eventually even the bride & groom joined us.
Hey, they gotsta eat too, right?
Chic-fil-a was happy to have us. The food court cheered as the happy couple came walking through and as you can see, the staff even offered Hils a styrofoam vase for her bouquet.

Then we tromped around temple grounds for a while and reeked more havoc on our way out.
For grand-parental advisory, we will exclude any videos from in the car which included our weekend theme of 'Rack City.'

It is important to note that Kent was groomsmen-ing on a sprained ankle (at the very least) all weekend long. Needless to say, his dogs were barkin' (I love that expression) and he should've been elevating his leg at any given opportunity. 

Onto TuxTime and the reception.
Maybe I should've broken this post up into two parts, but I didn't.
Get over it.
Sorry, that was a little of the Rustin attitude we suffered from on wedding morning.
Shoo V, shoo!

Kent's way-too-tight (even for that tiny tush),
ballroom dancer, tuxedo pants...
and Rustin taking full advantage as one should.

These two are ready to party...
Rack-City-ready above AND below.
Please note, for your own safety that between "Sold," rack city-ing, and picture taking, RustyPants is the worst driver in history.
I'm sorry. I love you. It's true.
 In the above photo I'm probably on the verge of realizing I've forgotten my heels at the apt because I'm still wearing my Toms. And we were nearly at the reception site. 
Fail. 

Wedding peoples. Ready to rally and get wasted on a variety of soda pop flavors.
Like raspberry, peach, & lemon.

This may be the only normal picture of Rustin in existence...
But it quickly turned to this so we're good...
all is right in the world.

This studly clown was my wedding date of sorts.

 But HIS wedding date was this hottie...
 Bromance.

And now for our prom photos gone wrong.
Hey Dad! Have you met Kent?
Do you think he's as funny as HE thinks he is?
How much Diet Pepsi will he owe you after this?


Ok guys, let's party.
First up, Kent's last (blurry) attempt to woo the bride.
Jon and Hilary, melting flower girls' hearts left and right.
Party favors. And party animals.
Things got real fun when Kent pretended I was with child.
Every single, image-conscious, girl loves that, no?

And they're off...

Another pants-down photo from our weekend. 
A tight tux and dancing on a swollen ankle will do that to ya?

Things got real sexy post wedding when we decided to let Chester Pink himself take us out on the town.
It's like I told Rustin, "Here's your once chance, Fancy. Don't let me down."
But then we were let down. Not by Rustin. Or Chet. But by SLC.
Guys! There is nothing to do there after midnight!
Nothing! 
So we just loved and laughed a little longer until ultimately we couldn't keep our eyes opened anymore!
After only a few hours of sleep, Kent had the privilege of flying home with Ke$ha. 
Cut off skull T-shirt, dirty hair, residual make-up and all!

Just one more shot of the temple at sunset from my first night there because... 
Well, why not?

This trip was one of the most well needed weekends I've had in a LOOONG time!

Funny thing: While I was on her stomping grounds with keys to both her car and apt, Bri was sleeping in my bed here in NYC and exploring Columbia University before she moves back to attend this SUMMER!!! 
I got back into the city on Sunday afternoon in time to exchange keys again, order sushi in, have girl talk, laugh uncontrollably, and "sleep ass to ass" with my girl like old times!
We took no pictures, but had Monday afternoon together as well before she headed back to SLC.
July cant get here soon enough!!!

To everything this weekend entailed, CHEERS!
Love,
~Kare

0 comments:

Post a Comment