The month of May brought SUCH beautiful weather to NY! It was surprisingly beautiful, but totally allowed! Yelz, Lu and I spent a random Saturday in Central Park and Yelz had her first waffle with dinges... all after meeting up at a neighborhood block party and downin' a few burgers and sodas of course.
Let me paint you a picture... with song...
While strolling through the park one day, in the very merry month of May, we were taken by surprise when a pair of..... WAFELS AND DINGES?!?!!?!
Dont mind if we do!
If you dont already know about Spekuloos, get familiar son. I'll spare you since I know I've talked about it on here in excess compared to how much of it I've actually consumed in my lifetime.
Dinges (ding-uhs): used when you cant remember the name of stuff or people.
e.g. "Hey, dinges, can you bring me some dinges from the store?"
Synonym:"whatchamacallit"
At the Wafels & Dinges trucks in NYC, the dinges are the toppings you choose for your waffle treat. I must've had a raging sweet tooth (surprise, surprise) when we stopped by because below is a list of my dinges from my waffle lover boy.
Butter
Maple Syrup
Dulce de Leche
Strawberries
Nutella
Spekuloos
Belgian chocolate fudge
Whipped Cream
Powdered sugar
and
1 scoop of ice cream (on the house)
And to think I was full before my waffle...
Guys, never let me date the waffle truck guy! He had an impressive chance for a second, but then I remembered, he was prob 21yrs old and a waffle truck guy. But aside from the shameless flirting, the free ice cream scoop almost sealed the deal for me. Sad, but true.
We sat up camp in the park with our triple matching stripes and people watched like it was nobody's business... when in fact, it was not OURS.
But see what I mean?
If ever there was an ideal place for people watching,
it's Central Park.
I could do this with my girls everyday, forever and ever amen, and NEVER tire of it!
I mean that with all my heart!
I wish you all had these girls in your life and this park by your house.
You'd be soooooo content!
Love,~Kare*
0 comments:
Post a Comment