Sunday, December 16, 2012

Saying goodbye to summer in Va.


(The cab ride to the airport from my apt makes this city look good!)
Before I could round up my summer, I had to get in at least one more trip home and when your Dad's having surgery, and your Mom is due for it herself, what better excuse? 
I thought I would be needed. 
I was wrong.
So instead, I lounged by the pool with this guy...


And got creative making gifts for my girlfriends...

Or tried to get creative, rather, but this attention hog kept distracting me.

I shopped. Sans Yelz, which means many in-store pix messages and emails to get the job done. In the end, I didn't hear from her quick enough and made all the wrong decisions... Surprise, surprise.

Except for these bad boys which were on sale for a whopping $3 so I bought one in every color. Win!

Kerny and I got our hands dirty, cooking.

Long story, short: dad was fine. 
He couldn't eat very well due to some yanking and temporary rearrangement of his esophagus, but he was fine. He was not happy with his driving restrictions, but fine. 
In general, I was more helpful from NYC via phone - which is how I forced him to take his pain meds to help lower his blood pressure and get him the heck out of that hospital. He's stubborn and only in a post-general-anesthesia-fog, can I out-stubborn him. 
No photos of a post-surgery-neck-brace-Dad will be posted in order to protect the innocent.

Instead see this little critter enjoying his toy from New York City.
Like my trip, that toy didn't last long.

~Kare*

0 comments:

Post a Comment