When you're a New Yorker and your hs girlfriend calls and says she's gonna be in town, you go giddy with the thought of showing her a good time! In my world that's a dinner date followed by a romantic walk around your beautiful city.
In my case, I got this phone call from two different gf's within a one week period and their visits overlapped. It doesn't get more glorious. Unfortunately for me, I had to work on the one day their trips overlapped so I missed the triple play date. I did however, get them each to myself separately.
Stacy, whose nickname is "Bano" came and we dined at the lower east side's gem, Yaffa Cafe where I finished off all of my food and then hers.
Afterwards, we walked around and grabbed ice cream at the New York staple, Mc Donald's. It's very fancy and exclusive.
Now, I normally don't condone eating underground, but in this case, we sat proudly eating our cones on the subway, gabbing until her stop came and we parted ways.
(Connor would've had a fit!)
Stacy has got to be one of my most motivated and driven friends who uprooted herself all the way to LA when deciding that her career in pharmacy school wasn't fulfilling. She's been styling folks and taking names ever since she headed out west and has been incredibly successful in such a short time. I couldn't be prouder. She was here to style a Dunkin' Donuts commercial. Here's hoping her stylist ways will bring her out to NYC more often - I have a feeling it will.
Just a few short days later, I met my 10th grade biology lab partner, and lifelong friend (actually she's my twin - one of us has a very large birthmark - we're not sure which), Carmen, for dinner. We ate at the new hot spot, Red Rooster, in Harlem. Here we are waiting to be seated.
She's a doll and it was great to split spicy cornbread, catch up, and laugh over where our lives have taken us. Carmen's career, like Bano's, has taken a huge twist. She's climbing up the beauty ladder in Richmond and New York styling hair with an unrelated college degree.
I love these women's creative little souls and am so lucky to live in a place that attracts them and theirs alike.
I foresee a lot of New York Fashion Week connections in my future.
Lastly, check out this lady Carmen and I couldn't stop laughing at in H&M.
It was raining outside.
Ahem... OUTSIDE.
Close your umbrella!
Love,~Legs*






0 comments:
Post a Comment