Monday, December 24, 2012

U.S. Open 2012


Another NYC experience, that solidifies your residency here in the Big Apple, is the annual US Open tennis tournament, taking place each year in Queens. It took me 6 Septembers, but I finally made it to my first match!
I bought tickets to attend last year and, sadly, it got rained out. This year, we braved the drizzly weather, and finally cashed them in.

I went with Brett, Bryndee, Dancey-Pants and her cutie boy, Elijah. Thankfully Brett gave me my first lesson in how the game is played… who knew there were rules?! Brett and I missed the Serena Williams/Ana Ivanovic match as we were way too hungry to enter the stadium just yet and instead watched from the pavilion outside while we dined.

We did however, witness the Federer/Berdych match and boy was it a good one!
I didn’t realize how good it was until Brett broke it down for me, rule by rule, play by play… only then did it get more than interesting!

Come to find out, KBIII was there with Mercedes Benz (read: he’s a fancy pants) and had box seats next to this little gem…
Ladies and gentlemen, Pippa.
I said, PIPPA!
You cant tell? 
She’s that sunshiney little yellow dot (little ray of sunshine) in the center of the frame - taken from my nosebleeds.
I mean, guys… this deserves a round of applause at the least. She has quite possibly the most famous tush of 2011 (beat out in 2012 only by Honey Boo-Boo... maybe. No one can be sure, but Honey did make it on Barbara Walter’s list of most interesting people… and isn’t that list always tush related? 
No? 
Well, Babs, it should be!)
Also, she's practically royalty. So thats' cool too. 
Anyway, I alerted Kent of her proximity to him and he snapped these glorious pics of the semi-royal goddess during and after the match ended in her good friend, Federer’s, loss.
Sorry for the loss Pipps, but at least you were a vision!

Also spotted, Anna Wintour (a surprisingly good friend of Federer's).
And that’s exciting because she's the closest thing we have to 'A Royal' here in New York City!
All hail Queen Anna!

It was a great time - despite Kent taunting me with his seat location. I can check one more thing off of my NY bucket list.

Kindly,
~Kare*

0 comments:

Post a Comment