Wednesday, March 9, 2011

2Pumps and her old man!

Last weekend I finally ventured out in the cold to the lower, lower east side - a feat for me in good weather - to meet Shawn-tuh Babaar Roo-sell and Mr. Roo-sell for dinner! I hadn't laughed this hard since... New Orleans last May (maybe you'll hear that story sometime, but probably not because you really just had to be there and even if you were, you might not've thought it as funny as Yelz and I).

Bare with me. The lighting at Southern Houston was just plain awful, but the food was delicious!
There they are!
I hadnt seen them since...
July 12, 2008 (How time flies!)

...back to last weekend.
For real, Shaunte' and I laughed and laughed! And laughed! And laughed! Poor Harold, but what a trooper! Dinner started with 8 of us. H has cousins who live here and some who were visiting and I managed to basically and totally accidentally ignore all of them. How rude! I was just so wrapped up in catching up with 2Pumps! The others headed home after dinner and the 3 of us stayed and chatted and sang and laughed... until closing time. Oh man, did I mention we laughed yet? Because I almost peed my pants more than once! I want them to visit every weekend! Abatiwaha(HA!)>So. is. life.

(Quick story: When I was in 1st grade, and Shaunte' in 2nd, she sang a solo of Bette's 'The Wind Beneath My Wings' at a Mother's Day school assembly and I sat front row and cried like a baby. Yes, I've always been this sentimental; or emotionally unstable, you pick. Anyway, I never forgot her after that and secretly admired her always. So you can imagine my shock and JOY when I walked into high school and she had not only remembered MY name but approached me and greeted me with the friendliest smile ever which made me feel SO welcome and also SO COOL!)

~Iola 2Pumps

1 comments:

Sara said...

Wonder why I don't remember that. Maybe because I would've been in Kindergarten! That is amazing though. I can totally see you on the front row as a little Karrie crying your eyes out.

Post a Comment