Monday, March 21, 2011

I'm confused...

This weekend started with 70degree weather and drinks outside with the girls at Revival and ended with quarter sized snowflakes and rain.


So as I said, Friday was beautiful enough to meet Diddy after work for some shopping and food. It wasn't long before we were 'assuming the position' and watching "The Switch" starring Jen Aniston and Jason Bateman.

(This is what it looks like when we "assume the position.")

I've been dying for this movie to come out since I saw it in the theater last year. Seriously, this movie is so cute, its sick. It's perfectly predictable and romantically comedic with all the right extra toppings (like Jeff Goldblum! And the cutest little hypochondriac you've ever seen! Watch it. Tell me that you love it. Just lie if you don't.)

Before dark, which is nearly 8PM now thankyouverymuch, we met Sandra for drinks outside with... wait for it... NO COATS! This was a big deal for us NYers. After my TWO glasses of water (Woah! Livin' on the edge!), we called it a night so that I could watch VCU OWN Georgetown; leaving them one seat away from the 'big dance'. Don't I sound so hip when I talk about sports? Not.

Saturday was such a nummy day, I only left the house once - to meet Diddz for shake shack which was short and sweet due to the 30degree weather and lack of winter wear we adorned.

To make up for it, yesterday I wore my 'new' faux fur vintage coat to church with my great aunt's watch and a diamond ring from the 1800s. These things all make me so happy, but when I leave the house, it's like the truest meaning of 'the walking dead'... other than zombies of course.

Afterwards I met the girls for brunch at Rye House followed by more shopping (shocking!) then... this is where it gets good - I went to see Lu in her NEW HARLEM apt!!! (But not before grabbing us some tasty treats at Levain Bakery - delish!)


This move is exciting for many reasons...

1- she is MUCH closer to my house (selfish right?)

2- she used to live in washington heights (neighborhood upgrade)

3- she has a washer & dryer IN HER APT!!! (Almost unheard of!)


Listen, I can admit it... right now, I have major apt envy. We all get it from time to time,and right now is one of those times.

Then I met these talented fools down at the boys' for Sunday Funday, VCU style!
Kent made a delicious supper and we (VCU) kicked Purdue's trash. Now we're dancing in San Antonio this weekend and I won't be there... because THE KERN IS COMING!!! Uh-oh! Get ready NYC. The Kern will be owning this city with 'skinny-yeah-man's' left and right starting Friday morning! Hopefully by then, the gigantic quarter sized snowflakes that appeared this morning will be long gone!

~Legs

0 comments:

Post a Comment