Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Kerny was here...

Kerny loved Long Beach so much, she wanted to go back the very next day... but it was planning to rain Friday so we got student tickets for Memphis and spent our day shopping instead... including Pippin (our favorite vintage shop in the city).
We also got a hand treatment at Sabon which I had heard really good things about and guess what... it's all true!
That stuff works miracles! Even for hands that are in latex gloves ALL.DAY.LONG. My skin felt like velvet afterwards. I was going to say butter, except my hands weren't greasy in the slightest - which my hair, clothes, and touch screen phone very much appreciated.

We LOVED Memphis!
A LOT! Maybe (just maybe) we cried at intermission.
I'll be taking Dad should he ever return to NY to visit me in this lifetime... (hint:hint)


Next day, we speedily flea marketed then boarded the train for LB with Diddy and Sandra per Kerny's request... She didn't realize how serious I was when I tried to prepare her that we would be herded like cattle heading to Long Beach on a Saturday in July.

Proof.
Leaving the station, heading for the beach.

After moving twice because of a rising tide, we finally got comfy.

June-Bug was there the whole time and neither of us realized it until she was leaving... this is as good of proof as we got for seeing each other.
That night we had Em's surprise 'Forever 29th' bday party...

Surprise!
The Birthday Girl!
Greg and my sweet Ang were there!
The night got REAL exciting when I had to call the fire dept for a gas leak in my apt.
.
.
Not funny.


After brunch and the McQueen exhibit on Sunday, Kern and I walked through Central Park to meet up with Diddz and SAMMY in sheep's meadow. Before we knew it, it was 3hrs later and we were hungry for dinner.
The weather and the park could not have been more beautiful on Sunday!
LOVED seeing Sammy, but it seemed all too brief!

I love it when Kerny's here and she can sleep and not worry about dishes or dogs or other things. We miss you already Kern.

Love,
NYC
and
your Kare

1 comments:

Sara said...

But life is a little better in RIC knowing that Kern is HERE. :-) And it IS even better when Kare is here ;-)-Sara Ann

Post a Comment