Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Golden Girl Christmas Spectacular

Oh man, Nanny and sisters turned this town upside down for approximately 3 days straight last week.
They arrived at Penn Station on my lunch break on Tuesday and I was so happy to see that they were each wearing a Chirstmas sweater/vest when I got there to pick them up. Quite festive and appropriate for all that they wanted to accomplish while they were here.

Luckily I had Wednesday off and could go galavanting with the girls! We started at Rockefeller Center which was all set up for the tree lighting that night.
We watched the Rockettes rehearse for their tree lighting performance which was especially exciting being as Mom and Dad had surprised the girls with Radio City Christmas Spectacular tickets for Christmas.
(See those Rockettes back there? On the ice?)

We shopped and drank hot chocolate at the Christmas Market at Bryant Park.

We saw practically ALL the christmas windows & decorations this city has to offer (except Barney's - I'm still dying to see the Lady Gaga floor obvi).
I'm sorry Bergdorf's, but this year, Macy's beat you out as my fave windows.
How could you NOT love that sparkly little marionette lady?! 

This was Joyce's first trip to NYC and I think she loved it. She especially loved the subway. Her exact words, "I like the subway! Richmond should get one of these!"

That night we saw Mary Poppins on Broadway.

We had great seats.

After the show, we explored Times Sq a bit and got cheesecake to take home (that was a nightly occurrence - except for the night we got rice pudding from 'Rice to Riches' instead - and still, the cheesecake flavor was had - YUMM)

We made it on the bid screen in Times Sq!!! It's zoomed in and blurry, but here is our proof.

The next day I had to work again so the girls went to Rockefeller Center again (this time all by themselves on the subway like pros) to see the tree all lit up and to see the Radio City Rockettes Christmas Spectacular. 
THEY LOVED IT!!!

They got out of the show at the same time as I did for lunch so we met up and ate together. Then I threw them in a carriage for a horse drawn ride around central park (and snapped a quick pick) before heading back to see my last few patients. 

I was so sad to see them go on Friday, but I had a great time! I hope they did too! I'm so proud to come from such beautiful, strong, women and I'm thankful for all the time we get to spend together and the example they set for our family.

Last week, Diddz asked me if musicians did it for me like they do for her and my response was, "Yes, I'm my Nanny's granddaughter."

Love,
Jewel Hope's Granddaughter, 
~Kare

1 comments:

Pikula's said...

All I can say is LOVE IT!!!!

Post a Comment