Luckily, I had off last Wednesday when Portia and James came to the city on vacay.
There's nothing I love more than my people. They are my home and my family.
So I LOVE having them here in the city, even if only for the day.
We spent our day together eating Artichoke pizza, walking Central Park, and laughing.
Laughing HARD.
My throat was sore for two days after, but it was more than worth it.
The last time I'd seen Portia was the first Christmas I lived here in New York when we were both home for the holidays. The last time I had seen James Jones (it has always seemed appropriate, since 6th grade, to use his full name - usually I even thrown in there, "the Third") was after our freshman year of college at a dinner gathering.
Now comes a SPEW of pictures from our one short day in the empire city together.
Porsh and JJ3 were staying in Queens so naturally we met up at Grand Central Station.
And walked past the Empire State Building (in the distance) on our way to lunch.
Then spent 4 glorious hours in Central Park.
You're looking at Meadowbrook High School Royalty here.
Prom Queen and Homecoming Queen 2003
still in love, almost 10yrs later.
Friends for forever. Past and future tense.
I can't help but sing, "Tiny Bubbles" in my head every time I see those last two pictures.
Me and my Portalini.
Love these two more than they know!I say for our 30th birthdays we reenact P's 16th birthday party and rent a limo.
I'll even bust out the ever so attractive overalls and collared polo shirt I was wearing that day.
Perfect!
Sounds like a dream!
Love,
~Kare*
0 comments:
Post a Comment