The weekend that my old age was celebrated was also the weekend I was expecting two separate friends in town (who, lucky for me, just so happened to know each other previously).
Sammy and Jesse would both be here on business and I had planned to meet up with them separately unit I found out they had met previously, through other friends, years ago.
Perfect! Let's make it a party.
We left boat basin and headed to The Bowery Electric for dancing which was magical and HOTTTT. SOO HOT and humid.
After dancing our faces off, we stopped by Artichoke for some HOT pizza. SOO HOT!
Everything in the city, come late July, is SOO HOT!
Including these 3 beauties.
It's like we were living 2008 all over again and it was pure pleasure!
I met Sam in May of 2008 in Corolla, NC and see him often on his work trips to NYC.
(all circa our first meeting in 2008)
Jesse we met in Dec of 2008 while he was visiting NYC with mutual friends of Judy's. I saw him again in Arizona for Judy's Bday in Sept 2010.
All pre-blog.
Out dancing, on the roof and on my bed at my old studio... :(
(all circa 2008)
(Az circa 2010)
I digress...
Sammy's brother, Luke, was in town and Jesse's friend, Brock was here with his wife, Haley, who I met and fell in love with. The group made quite a night of it the next night when as usual, Sammy invited us to some party down at the Beekman Beer Garden at South Street Seaport.
At some point Luke, who has no shame whatsoever, proposed to a beautiful, but spoken-for French woman who had, lucky for Luke, left her speak-ee in France; far from the distance he'd need to be to punch Luke in the throat.
I think his deal making move was the Bieber/Dougie dance down onto one knee. It really sealed the deal.
She said yes.
I had my biggie camera there if you can't tell.
Later, the Salisbury brothers ended up in some other female strangers' glasses.
These two have some serious nerve and somehow, they're charming enough to get away with it and for NYC girls to NOT spit in their faces. Trust me, no other guys could pull off these antics in New York City.
A photo shoot soon followed with all three of the Brooklyn Bridge, Williamsburg Bridge, and the Manhattan Bridge as our back drop.
And, yes.
I'm going to post everyone of them because every one of them makes me laugh for a different reason. And because it's my blog. I can post semi-identical photos all day long if I like.
It's my blog and I'll post fraternal photos if I want to.
It's my blog and I'll post fraternal photos if I want to.
Scroll fast if you want to skip on and continue reading.
Candids...
Luke is still "reserved."
Which is absolutely this opposite of what Luke is in reality.
Boys will be boys...
Dream team...
Also on this night I met Jesse's friend, Brock and we both met Brock's wife, Haley. And hence forth, Haley and I were in love.
For Jesse's last day here, we decided to meet Brock and Haley down in the financial district and head to the 9/11 memorial. Luke met up with us after seeing Book of Mormon on broadway and Haley's Dad, Stepmom, and sister met us too! The more the merrier!
First Jesse had a little one-on-one with the lady of liberty...
she's off in the background there somewhere...
and me as paparazzi.
Then onto the memorial.
Haley's Dad is remarried and she has a three year old sister named Cameron.
And she is adorable!
These clouds and the immediate storm that followed soon after, kicked us out of the memorial and into shelter... We did however make it to Magnolia before the night was over...
where I kindly and delicately shared my cupcake with Luke.
There's that ring again that I mentioned a few posts back... and again in my last post.
And I thought I had no pictures of it...
Jesse and I ate left over cookie-dough bday cake at midnight in our PJ's and watched the olympics and felt really good about it. Jesse's rationalizing, "Well, at least THEIR running..."
Then he flew back to Az and left New York a little less sunny, but luckily Brock and Haley didn't head out for another few days so the adventures continued.
And by adventures I mean shake shop and shopping.
But also we saw a Broadway show and you'll hear all about that next.
I swear, once I catch up on the blogging, I'll never get behind again.
That is unless next summer is as chock full with as much awesome as this summer was... in which case, blog, schmog!
To lifelong friends, old and new!
Love,
~Kare*







0 comments:
Post a Comment