Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Here I am!!!

Guys, I'm not dead. I'm just boring.

The following is an exact (and embarrassing on multiple levels) text message with a beautiful typo from Yelzy-pants re: my watching of the Showtime hit, Dexter (aka Dex).
The reason that I haven't been blogging is that... well... I've had no life for the past two weeks. My Diddy and my Laura were in Peru, Yelz was in Cali, and birthday girl, June-Bug was a roadtrippin' travelin' machine! So I've been sitting here, in my undies, watching Dexter and Breaking Bad and baking tons of cookies (& brownies... shhhh!) to eat my feelings of emotional distress whilst girlfriend-less.

Here's what I've been up to:
~I've been loving my new iPhone and instagram; although I haven't posted any of my own pics yet, just gawked at others.

~Getting in touch with an old high school bestie that makes me want to sing Dixie Chicks' 'Goodbye Earl' til I'm blue in the face.

~I've decided that I could never be a successful serial killer like my vigilante friend Dexter Morgan, because, well, my hair sheds too much. DNA damnit.

~Not going to the US Open as originally planned due to rain delays/cancellations.

~I've had some fantastic jewelry design ideas a brewing. One day that will mean something... I hope.

~I had an amazing dream that involved my gf Whitney Paige's little girl, Taylor, getting upset with Justin Timberlake and angrily insulting him by shouting "You are the duke of New Jersey!" I dont know what it means, but I laugh. EV.ERY.TIME!

~I went grocery shopping for the first time in 50 years... approximately.

~I'm getting excited about my visit to see Bri-Biddy, just a week away now!

~NY's fashion week went on. That's all. I haven't passed any tests to get into the tents (wink:wink) so I just observed from the far distance of E! News and the safe confines of my couch, but my hairdresser (on fire) went! Lucky girl... Betsy Johnson, 2nd Row.

And now I tell the story of a rebellious tween me, sneaking downstairs in the middle of the night to watch none other than.... dun, dun, DUUUN... FASHION TRANCE! (AH! Risky :pronounced RISK-AY:! Gasp!) I had the option of watching 3AM HBO, but would instead opt for the Style Network which, at the time, played fashion show after fashion show under house music with NO commentary and called it, 'Fashion Trance'. This was back in the day. A time when MTV still showed music videos and the days before STYLE became home makeovers & 'How do I look'. I would just watch and watch and watch and think crative, happy thoughts til my eyes couldnt stay opened any longer. One thing I LOVED and anticipated was seeing cancer survivor and fashion designer Betsy Johnson's crazy orange & pink hair extensions flip as she would cartwheel down the runway after the final promenade of her shows. What I wouldn't do to see all those things in person someday! What I'm saying is if you feel the same way, read my hairdresser's blog and you'll be a huge jelly-bird, but also kind of feel like you were there watching and didn't miss a thing. Living the experience vicariously will hold me over... for now at least.

~Also, the tenth anniversary of 9/11 happened.
This is last, not because it's least important, but because I feel like it really deserves a post all it's own. And so it shall be! (I say as I slam by scepter to the ground causing the court jester to jolt and immediately go from a highly frightened state to a silly-wim, wiggly dance move).

Love,
~Kare*

P.S. Don't worry, the girls are back on the block and ready to rock y'all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment