This past weekend I took the chinatown bus home for Bryce's cd release party. You know I love and support him and his music when I take the Chinatown bus for the debut! I don't even take it for mothers' day! The plan was to catch the bus in midtown at penn station directly after work on Friday and take the first one leaving Richmond at 7:30am on Sunday.
After getting home at midnight on Friday night, 7:30am on Sunday came WAY too quickly, but going home was the best decision I ever made and the tortuous travel was WELL worth it!
Here's what a perfect Saturday in Richmond, Va looks like to me...
It starts with a morning dip in the hot tub with Kerny while giving Bryce's album the run-thru to get us in the mood for the party later that night. Meanwhile dad stays busy smokin' some brisket on his new smoker/grill. His new catch phrase is, "We're smokin' boy!!!" And he says it every time he comes in the house from fiddling with it. A few cousins/neighbors stop by to taste test the brisket and mom and I make a quick shopping trip to goodwill. Then we party.
A successful 24hrs if you ask me.
I hadn't even been aware that Capitol Ale House had a music venue, but can I just say that it was the perfect place for Bryce's show?! It was big, but intimate and cozy at the same time. The house was PACKED with fellow Bryce enthusiasts - which really works out in my favor because chances are if you too love Bryce, then you're one of my loves! So I got to see loads of my closest friends and family. Some people I hadn't seen in years and some I had just seen while home for the holidays. But I was more than happy to see them again! What a big love fest!
Also, I love these pics
(courtesy of Kevin Heraldo).
Manager/Talent meeting.
And my Toy was there...
Once you move away from Richmond, you realize just how rare it is for childhood friends to stay so tight knit throughout adulthood. New found friends find it mind-boggling, but it's the thing I cherish most about my hometown. Dorothy said it best. There really is no place like it.
Still have not gotten Bryce's album? Do yourself a favor and just buy it!
Love,
~Legs*



1 comments:
cute cute, Karrie you should a writer!! This is adorable, glad you had fun! and...congratulations to Bryce!! What an achievement!
Post a Comment