Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Big 2-6!


This year, on my actual day of birth I arrived in NYC (from being home for the weekend for the 48HFP) on the Chinatown bus at 6AM. I hadn't slept well on the bus, had to work all day starting at 8AM, and was in complete denial about how wretchedly sick I was. That night however, my girlies took me to dinner and we had a great time! I took no pictures... you know I was sick if I took no pics - and even wore long jeans... see? Sick.
We ate at Westville East and it was DELISH!!! I highly recommend the Chocolate Souffle' - served a la mode - with the homemade Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream! Mmm-mmm, good!


A week and a half later...
Diddy and Yelena treated me to my BIG Bday pressie of a ticket to see "Priscilla Queen of the Desert," a broadway musical which I've actually been DYING to see. It was the perfect girly night out. The show is about three drag queen girlfriends on a road trip. We knew all the music, and the costumes were AMAZE!!! (Hence, it winning the tony for best costumes).


Freaks and geeks, these two.

My three favorite things in the show were:
1). The old lady drag queen named Bernadette (or Ralph) - preferably in this outfit.
2). The barbie blazer (see fabric below) that was worn by the Madonna-loving, young, drag queen. Perfection.
3). This HYSTERICAL ensemble member who seemed to steal the show more than once!
(She's the on in the middle, in the wife-beater - seriously... hysterical.)

Such a fun show to see with girlfriends! And somehow Yelz got us into the 2nd row!!! My only complaint was that I wasn't chosen to dance on stage when the cast came down into the audience and started pulling people to spotlight. I was the jelliest jelly-bird you ever did see.
Not funny.
Thanks to all the people who called, texted, fb messaged, and celebrated my birthday! My 26th year will be a good one no doubt... it's certainly started off with a bang!

Love,
~Kare*

0 comments:

Post a Comment