Sunday, August 28, 2011

"Hunker down"

was my favorite expression used in regards to Irene.
Photo Credit

We survived. There were rains, there were winds, but the island of Manhattan remained rather unscathed. We didn't lose power and I slept right through most of the storm. Areas in BK, Queens, LI, and areas just north of the city were hit pretty hard, but here in the city, we survived. My main concern upon seeing the sun come out was, "Will there be Sunday brunch today?"

Poor VA was hit pretty hard. Luckily everyone is safe, but A TON of trees are down all over and they're being told they'll be out of power for 2 weeks.

Thanks a ton for checking up on us with all the calls/texts! I'm lucky to have the most thoughtful friends and family! I love you all and I'm glad to hear everyone is safe and sound.


Love,
~Kare*

1 comments:

Sara said...

Yes--safe and sound. Power came on last night :-) Glad your parents are with good company, even without power. A lot of power has been restored already ... I think it will be less than two weeks. (Optimistic!) -SaraAnn.

Post a Comment