Last Wednesday Yelz and I got up early on our day off and went to midtown (I know, that's shocking enough in itself, but the story doesnt end there) for $30 rush tickets to 'How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying' on Broadway. Poor Yelzies had a rough morning before we even got our tickets, but somehow I convinced her to brunch it with me right there in our least favorite neighborhood in the city and try for the Wicked lottery. We were munching on our breakfast burritos when practically all of the RHONJ cast walked in.
We saw these three... + hubbies.
-Caroline and hubby, Al,
-Kathy and hubby, Richie,
-Melissa and hubby, Joe,
-and a fourth NEW couple.
I'm pretty sure it was the highlight of Yelzie's day and made her crumby morning well worth it.
We did NOT win the wicked lottery... AGAIN.
Seriously, I've tried approximately a billion times.
But we did go back to see How to Succeed later that night and it.was.AWESOME!
My Lu wrote a great post on it here, but can I just say that it was the MOST charming show I've seen all year! It's clear that, "Harry Radcliffe" as I legitimately accidentally called him, did his training and committed fully to his stint on the great white way. Seriously, if you can go see this show before his run is over at the end of the year, I highly recommend it. He was MADE for that role and I cant imagine the guy they're replacing him with, the guy from Glee, to even touch Danny Potter's version. I laughed from beginning to end which was only made worse by the cast getting tickled with one another and holding for crowd laughter, then breaking again and kind of shrugging towards each other as if to say, "I dont get it either, but whatever we're doing is working for them!"
Ugh. So corny cute.
Which is just my cup of tea!
Anyway, go see it!
Plus seeing HP preform live is the 2011 version of seeing Dorothy Garland (or Judy Gayle) in the 1950's.
I had three of the hottest dates a girl could ask for... except for that time that I went out with the baseball boys. Dreamboat central. Anyway... look how stunning... My Diddz, Yelz, and Sweet Ang.
Here's a clip from the 2011 Tony's...
My sweet dad just got a new wardrobe and new glasses and he looks like a character straight outta How to Succeed... Check it.
Also,
Dear Bud Frump,
Will you marry me? I'll give you all the coffee in the world.
Love,
~Kare*

0 comments:
Post a Comment