Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sal-Tlay-Ka-Siti

The hysterical name to a song from the hit broadway musical, Book of Mormon. American accent translation: Salt Lake City.
I went there.
A year ago, my Biddy, Bri-Bizzle moved there against her better judgement (jk, Bri, jk) and it was high time I visited her.
About 5mths ago, our fellow New Yorker and friend, who we lovingly call Steve Holt, moved there also.
I'm not sure what these people are thinking. SLC will never be > NYC, but whatevs. Not that I miss them or am bitter at all. I don't. And I'm not. At all. AT ALL!

I arrived on Thursday night and had girl talk and a sleep over with my Bri. Since she worked Friday, Holt took off and babysat me for the day. He took me to Park City for lunch.
Not a bad view!

After we lunched, we got ice cream, walked Main St, shopped, and even stopped by his co-workers cookout back in Salt Lake before walking to Temple Sq from his place. Please let it be known, SLCers do not walk everywhere like NYers. Like most places outside of Manhattan, they don't walk anywhere. We were the only people, other than hobos, walking the streets of Salt Lake, which are much scarier by the way than the mean streets of NY. The BYU game was on so we popped into a sports bar and watched them win, grabbed a super late dinner at an Indian restaurant and finally called it a night.

Saturday -
Saturday was filled with more girl talk, brunch, more shopping, and finally a drive out to Bountiful to meet up with my cousins and a fellow Richmonder for more ice cream. I'm noticing a pattern here. My bio should say, "I love girl talk, and shopping, and ice cream. The end."
My cousin, Ryan (not my twin or even brother as most people assume - most people including people who've known us well, and for a long, long, time) and his wife, Jordan, have two kids, Ella and Kyler.
Kyler just chillin' with Dad.
Ella has a signature move, which she has patented her "lady pose." It was her instant reaction to both ordering "pink ice cream" and trying on my cocktail ring. A true lady, I tell ya.


I had my own lesson in lady posing.
I'm a natural. I think we know where Ella gets it. Sorry Jord.

Brad Z. met up with us as well. You remember Brad... from the Final Four. The Gholson's and Z's grew up together and spent practically every Labor & Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Christmas Eve together since we were little. He and Bri met at a party about a month before my trip and Bri had sent me a picture of the occasion. My brain exploded to see my two worlds, Richmond and New York, collide in Salt Lake City. It's a small world after all!
We're all growed up now.

Even Bradley got in on the Lady Posing. It's contagious.

My last day was spent having brunch with Holt (go ahead and add brunch to my list of faves in my bio as well), napping with Bri - a fave past time, more girl talk, and then finally heading to South Jordan for a dinner party and viewing of "Bad Teacher"with some of Bri's friends.
Before I knew it, I was back at the airport and sitting on the red-eye back to NY.
A quick weekend get away had been just what I needed. I think. I slept pretty much all day on Monday to recover from my lack of sleep all weekend. Isn't that how it usually goes? You need a vacation to recover from your vacation? I guess, if you did it right, you do.

Love,
~Legs*

0 comments:

Post a Comment