Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A P.E.R.F.E.C.T. Saturday night out?

My internet is back up and running! So time to play catch up...

2 weekends ago, on a Saturday, Yelz and I decided to brunch it up at the Popover Cafe on the west side. As soon as I sat down on the bus to meet her, I texted her "On the crosstown." Just a few seats over, her phone dinged and she looked up and said, "Kare." 
How embarrassing.
For those of you who dont know, the popover cafe has this strawberry butter that is Ah-MAZE. With Yelzie's encouragement, I snuck two containers worth into my purse to bring home for later. 
After brunch, on our way to TJ's (or the Maxx for the Minimum as I usually refer to it), we stopped at this cement pasture of lamas? We didnt know what they were, but they made for a fun photo op.

As we walked, shopped, and girl talked, we decided that in order to be normal, young, single girls in the city, we must go out that night; no matter how badly we would want to stay in come nightfall.

Later that night I met Yelz and Roman (her brother) at a Russian bar/restaurant to head over to a house party together. In the 5 minutes I was in the bar, I was asked, in more or less words, if I was a hooker. Let me express that I was wearing long jeans and a leather jacket zipped up to my ears so I'm not quite sure what led this drunk stranger to asking that question, but when he finally found out that I was simply a boring dental hygienist, he said he was surprised because i was "so well put together." Thank you?
Onto the house party. 

Where we met Diddy's possible soulmate drinking from a porcelain Cat.
Gimme!
While out, Sandra texted us that Diddz's phone had died so to contact her when heading to meet them at our final destination goal of 'Veranda.' In the meantime, they randomly ran into a new friend of Paula's from her Peru trip and we were to now meet up with them wherever they were in the west village. Then, Sandra leaves. It was like hunting a needle in a hay stack trying to find our Diddy-Nugget in a bar, inside of a 5Guys, in the village when her phone was dead and Sandra had now left us and given us the wrong cross streets. But to no avail...

Diddy-Nugget!!! She doesn't realize how happy she is about it yet...

but soon enough! Success! 

P.S. This is Andy. And he loves Diddz. And Yelz. And me. And you. And you. And you. And you and you!

I got home later than night and realized I'd gone out with 2 hoarded containers of strawberry butter. 
And I wonder why I'm single... 


I love these shoebooties, and I've worn them before, but on this night they tore my feet UP! But aren't they pretty?! 
Pain is beauty, right?
Ya know, maybe they're the reason I was confused for a hooker...
either way, RUDE!

Love,
~Legs*

1 comments:

laura said...

Ooh, I've been wanting to try Popover Cafe! So it was good?

Post a Comment