Sunday, November 20, 2011

Carrie and Karrie

like Pete and Pete.

(Photo Circa 2001/2002?)

Over Halloween weekend it was necessary that I get Carrie Legg to the city to celebrate her Bday and take a break from her busy, country, life. She is the working mom of two cute little boys in West Virginia and she was so deserving of this weekend away that fate stepped in and took over in more than one way. 
For those who dont know, Carrie and I met our freshman year at Meadowbrook High School and were instant friends. We were in the marching band together (colorguard/majorette), show choir, pom team, and school plays... and for crying out loud, we had the same name! We were meant to be! 
Now you may have noticed I sign ever other few posts with "~Legs*". Since I was born my parents called me "Karrie-Legs" or "Legs" for short, but that quickly dissipated for confusion sake when I met Carrie Legg... and when I got embarrassed that my mom hollered for her "Legs" from a few aisles over in the grocery store, but mostly because I made a friend with that exact name. Moms don't care if you're embarrassed. 
Carrie and I have had many a sleepovers ironing each others hairs, learning to drive, playing pranks on drive thru attendees, and falling asleep watching movies, but this weekend topped it all. It has been approx 8 years since we've seen each other, but we took off right where we left off!
Can you believe Carrie had NEVER flown before?! 
I know, right?! 
She arrived on her Birthday and I thoroughly embarrassed her by making her wear this headband and "Happy Birthday" necklace at the airport. 
We had a delicious lunch at Yaffa Cafe in the east village and then had a super-nap before heading to the Gershwin Theatre to enter the Wicked lottery. 
(Yaffe Cafe)

(Carrie's first subway ride)

Now, as I've complained about it on here before, I've entered this lottery approx a billion times and NEVER won. Alas, with a little flirting (on Carrie's part), a wink, and a mention of a first trip to NY and a shared birthday with the lottery MC, Carrie WON! 
Totally rigged and totally ok by us!
She'd kill me, but I LOVE her reaction while standing in the winner's line.
She's saying "BROOOOAAADWAY!"
A few more winks were exchanged with our "Thank You's" and we were off to be tourists until the show started.

Lucky us, in the front row!


We met Hunter Parish who was starring in Godspell, next door.

The next day, Saturday, surprised us with a crazy snow storm and freezing temps. 
TOO SOON! 
It wasnt even Halloween yet.

This was the perfect day to waste at Shake Shack and Goodwill!
I hit the JACKPOT at GW! Including this pink dress below, which is mostly cropped out of the picture due to the funny situation going on in the back ground.
We had a Halloween party to attend this night so it was necessary for us to dry my slush soaked sneakers so that Carrie could wear them again that night (all she had brought was a pair of clogs). My method resulted in melting out the insole of one and shrinking the other sneaker. Fail.
The go-to, aka easy, costume of choice for us was mimes. 
(Seriously! LOVE her suspenders!)
And as Carrie put it, this way, we didnt have to talk to anyone at the party if we didnt want to.
Perfection.
After seeing my the result of me smiling in this make-up, I opted for the kissy-face for the rest of the evening. Much more appealing with my heart shaped lipstick choice!
We had a BLAST getting ready together and even more fun riding the bus and subway like this.
I have to throw in the picture of my JuneBug because her costume was THE BEST EVER!
She is THIS from the Alexander McQueen ehibit... which we all know that I LOVED!
We danced, and sang, and hung out on bails of hay... like one does at halloween parties!

Look who all was at the party! 
(A bumbling Lu-Bee)

(Rusty-Pants as Katy Perry, natch.
Visiting from AZ.)

(Candice and beau as Paul Bunyan and Babe)

Finally Judy's beautiful face is revealed.

The next and last day consisted of brunch, and a walk through Central Park.
Of course we had a session of 'beauty parlor' before heading out (for old times sake).
Isnt she a beauty?!



We had so much fun and it felt good to laugh this hard... It had been TOO long!

We were SO sad to part, but hopefully this weekend was only the start to a new, at least annual, tradition to come.

C and K all the way! 


Love, 
~Legg & Legs*

0 comments:

Post a Comment