Sometimes high school girlfriends come to town... and there's a birthday to celebrate... or a pregnancy... or both... and it's the best time ever!
When Karla and Massandje were in town (the weekend after Kerny), we spent the day at Bryant Park sipping hot chocolate, sampling sweets, shopping, and having loads of girl talk (per usual). It was Karla's birthday and Massandje's 6 month mark as a soon-to-be-Momma so there was much to celebrate.
We got a kick out of Massandje who was already in Mommy-mode, wincing and gasping at the young ice skaters who were bumping and clashing out on the crowded rink. Let it be known, baby Bryceson will never be ice skating unless it is solitarily and in a fenced off private area where he is to wear steel fingered gloves to avoid any loss of digits.
We shopped some more and then visited Grand Central Station.
Finally, we headed to a girls dinner for Karla's pre-bday-night-out celebration.
Our choice?
Sushi.
Yes, the momma avoided any and all raw fish. Needless to say, lots of tempura was had.
A quick phone chat with our beloved, Bubba...
I love these two so much!
The next day was lasagna night at Diddy's and we (Diddz, Yelz, Amy, Jen, Crystal, and I) dined and gabbed over real important issues like...
Kardashian divorces...
and online dating.
The lasagna was delicious and I made my mint brownies and there were leftovers of both. How much more successful can a lasagna night get?
Here is the hostess with the mostest...
Somewhere in there, in between a birthday dinner and a lasagna night, there was the annual Lingos Film Festival (a fave) and a very unofficial, unfortunate date with a good-on-paper kind of guy that ended disastrously.
No further comments.
See? I told y'all I've been busy!
Love,
~Kare*
0 comments:
Post a Comment