Sunday, November 27, 2011

Giving thanks...

Thanksgiving 2011


But first, a flashback...
to 2010.
Last year on Thanksgiving, I was lucky enough to have several special guests including my parents, my Nanny, and my Gringo who all road tripped it up here for the holiday weekend. 
(Gringo in the back seat with his Nanny)
We saw a show in honor of my Pa-Pa...
Earl, Dad, and I saw 'the boys' play (and WIN) at MSG...
Earl, and his sweet Momma who was in town, ate supper with us and brought me flowers...
Here he is taunting Gringo with his most favorite thing... COOKIES!..
and I made this video of our Turkey day... 


This year...
 I was not so lucky to be with my own family, but my little Diddy stepped up to the plate and offered me hers.
We got somewhat lost in New Jersey when we missed our stop off of the bus...
by 20 minutes.
(Stop, no one actually hitch-hiked)
We ate a delicious meal which included Diddy's cornbread.
Uncle Jim made puns left and right until we lost count (he has a real knack for this - as I had been warned).
There were cute, cute kiddos.
And I was in the company of fellow Virginians and Wahoos.
 (Somehow this photo got real racist real fast. 
Apparently I'm part Cherokee. 
So it's ok, right?)


Things I'm most thankful for:
The health of myself, my friends, and my family.
The love and support (& sense of humor) of my amazing family.
My incredible friends - the best friends a girl could ask for - they make my day to day life livable.
Music.
My adorably imperfect apt (on most days).
My jobs... ?
Any opportunity I have to be creative.
To live in NYC at the most perfect time.
My dogs - the furry version of the friends mentioned above.
and Prayer.


Love,
~Kare*

0 comments:

Post a Comment