KERNY!
When Kerny's here, everything is fun! Even getting up early on a Saturday to wait in a rush line to see a Broadway show... for the second time... Whatever - you know I'd willing do that any day - But it's especially fun when Kerny's here.
After we got tickets we spent the day at our favorite vintage jewelry shop, Pippin (where I got this free vintage vanity table that is yet to be properly placed in my home), AND the flea market. So I was treasure hunted out and ready to sit for 2 and a half hours to say the least.
How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying
The show was possibly even better the second time around! I took an illegal opening show shot (of Danny) and we had a pretty hot double date with these two...
At the end of the show, Harry Radcliffe auctioned off his bow tie for charity with the help of John Larroquette (the lawyer from Night Court).
Histerical, these two!
(Also an illegal shot)
Danny as the auctioneer.
Please note: Danny and Harry are as one.
The same person.
In regards to this blog anyway.
The bow tie went for a whopping $3000.00
So exciting to see!
I nearly risked my life to get a shot of Danny Potter for Kerny's students.
(Yeah, for the kids? Right?)
13year old girls mean BUSINESS!
My girlfriends.
Next day, we churched it and had brunch.
I dont know if you've sensed a theme throughout this blog or not, but I LOVE SUNDAY BRUNCH!!! We were all the while tracking Lu in the marathon so that we could be at our designated watch spot at the perfect time to see her come flying by.
First we prepared signs...
...that made no sense whatsoever.
I was so excited to see her and for her to see my sign that I choked on snapping a picture of Laura and was so overwhelmed after she passed, that i got a little choked up. Kerny had beat me to the punch - having lit within 60seconds of watching the race when a one legged woman came zippin' on by. The marathon really is the most inspiring thing to witness!
And if you dont believe me, watch this video Laura posted on her FB.
Lit central.
Congrats Laura (and all my other friends who ran)! You're amazing!
Congrats Jonny, for not only running 26 miles, but also for proposing to your awesome girlfriend and to her saying YES! Lucky man! (Marry her quickly, my crush on her grows more and more each time I see her and that sort of thing is legal now in NYC! You've been warned.)
From our watch spot (100th St and 5th Ave - above) I was lucky enough to see Helen, Laura, and Emilee come running by and I must say, none of them even looked like they were sweating let alone running their 24th MILE!!! Unbelievable.
Here are 2 pics I stole from Laura's sister.
Laura wrote an emotional post on her experience here.
Read it!
You'll lit.
For Kerny's last day, we went to the holiday shops at Bryant Park and.they.were.AWESOME!
It was great inspiration to the start of gift ideas for Christmas.
We sipped hot chocolate, sampled nutella drizzled churros, had popcorn, and watched the ice skaters.
Then Kerny left and broke my heart forever...
Until later in the week when Lu and I finally celebrated her birthday AND a marathon completion with some well-deserved cupcakes!
When I grow up, I want to be JUST like ALL of the people in the above post.
Especially Danny Potter.
Love,
~Kare*



2 comments:
Hahahaha, I didn't know you got a picture of him! Amazing.
Dont tell Becca!
Post a Comment