Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thrifting Soul Mates

It's a shock to no one that I love a thrift store and a good bargain. But for those of you who dont have the privilege of knowing my friends here in New York, you may not be aware of how much I love the aforementioned birthday girl from my last post. Luckily for me, Teresa, loves thrifting and a good bargain too! 
I don't know if there's a more enjoyable person to be around than T. She is a wise crack if there every was one (in only the best of ways - is a 'wise crack' a thing?). She's the most heartfelt advice giver with a lightening quick sense of humor. Funny and witty and brilliant. The red headed dali lama. She's the best listener on the planet who also happens to be a beautiful, firey, red head. She loves the beach and she's kind and thoughtful. What can I say? I'm practically in love with her.
Maybe this all should have been in her bday post, but instead it's in our saturday day date post. 
Deal with it.
First we hit the Sal (Salvation Army) in Chelsea where I found Diddy a Porter Grey black silk one shoulder dress for $5.99.
Then we headed to Brooklyn where T hit the Halloween jackpot with this gymnasts' leotard.
Can you imagine? She already happens to own a gold metal and a windbreaker.
What are the chances?
Sold!
Three bag fulls and a tennis racquet later, and it was time for lunch.

Mad props to the BK guy with the bike who told me he'd kick himself later if he didn't at least introduce himself to me and ask me out sometime. And while I'm giving shout outs, let me send one to my imaginary boyfriend.
Dear Imaginary Boyfriend, 
The guy on the street who asked me out in the most flattering way, says to tell you "you're a lucky guy. And [HE] says so!"

Safety first!
~Legs*

0 comments:

Post a Comment