Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter/Passover Supper

Since living in New York, I have not had a proper Easter. Sometimes my mom visits (her spring break usually falls around the holiday), but even when we're together, we never really celebrate the way we always had growing up - church, easter bunny paw-prints on our face, baskets on the table, Easter egg hunts, Sunday dinner...

this year, I was in the city sans Momma Kern and didn't go to church or participate in an Easter egg hunt, but it still felt more like Easter than any other year since 2007.
I spent the day with these beautiful people and we had the yummiest Sunday dinner (thanks to the boys) and laughed until our cheeks hurt.
We hadn't had quality time over at Kent and Connor's since last April and it felt so good to finally all be together again. The boys were the most excellent hosts! Kent made a delicious beef tenderloin wrapped in bacon (thank goodness for that) and Connor made his grandma's home made rolls. We brought dessert, but they did all the dirty work including all the sides, the dishes and even serving us.

My dates.
They were celebrating Passover rather than Easter.
Connor dressed appropriately.
He's like an Easter dream, that one.

Kent worked his magic. Look at that. Delish. Truly.

Yelzy provided the entertainment with one of her many talents.
Apparently she could do this for hours. 3 hours to be exact.

There was story time.
We love Connor's stories.
I'm obviously interrupting him here.
Shocking.

And then we lounged.

And laughed some more.
(very awkward laughs apparently)
And loved. Intensely.


And then we cuddled and Yelz and Connor picked the grey hairs out of my head.
Wait? What? Did things just get weird?
Maybe. No one can really say.
But it might be true.

I'm grateful for a lot of things in my life, but my friends and family would be number one on that list.
Grateful for all of our different beliefs and all that took place for us to be together. Here. Now.

Love,
~Kare*

(P.S. Kern's here this weekend. Let the good times roll!)

1 comments:

laura said...

So sad I wasn't there! Sounds like a dream.

Post a Comment