Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let me introduce you to my family...


I have two AMAZING parents!

(Proof!)
And I'm very grateful!

My Dad thinks he's 15 and still shoots hoops almost every morning with his best friend, "Spots". He is a fantastic songwriter and is sometimes confused with Alec Baldwin in public (true story or rather, STORIES). He loves Diet Pepsi a little more than what may be considered "healthy" and has maybe, or maybe not, had to take what he terms a "rescue mission" to New York to save his pathetic daughter from one or more meltdowns. But more on that later... oh the things you'll do as parents.

The Kern (my Mom) is an up and coming jewelry designer who enjoys shopping, jewelry (careful, it's hereditary), chick flicks, jewelry, and a good cry (for future reference, we call this "litting"). She starts or ends every story with, "I just lit...", then cant finishing the phrase "lit into balling" because of holding back tears. Totally normal and totally the most precious thing about her.

Together they've conquered their own little world - their latest adventure was an over night road trip which kept them up for nearly 24hrs straight (see? 15.).

Now that they're empty nesters, their only babies are a 1970 Stingray Corvette in baby blue and a fluffy little mutt-nugget called Gringo (and many other silly & ridiculous names, but mostly known by me as Bubba). I have a brother named Kyle. Kyle has a dog named Barley. They're obsessed with each other. The end....

Christmas 2010

Until Toya (aka Murt). Rightly, renamed KaToya. She fits so snuggly into my family that sometimes we forget she isn't and even though we don't see or talk to each other nearly enough, she's still my little Toy-Toy! She sings like an *ANGEL* and is the most nonjudgemental person I know! Her gospel group is called 'Blessed and Chosen'.


0 comments:

Post a Comment