Tuesday, January 18, 2011

You can tell A LOT about a girl by what's in her cart [or her arms].


Every time I get to Target I say to myself, "Leave the cart, your intentions here are humble and modest."


20minutes later (sometimes less), my arms are SPILLING with odd and ends that I'll most likely return once I've arrived home and the reality of space (Hello! NYC apt!), budget (just because one thing is cheap doesn't mean I should buy a million things), or my sizing (sometimes I'm confused) sets in and I'm kicking myself for believing that I had the self control to stick to a solitary mission.

Lesson learned: When it's an option, you ALWAYS need a cart.
(Even if it means you'll barely make it home from East Harlem WITHOUT hailing a cab AND you will most likely return everything the next day - Hi. I'm Karrie. And I'm a habitual returner.)

Has my chronic case of buyer's remorse been cured? Or is Lulu just the most convincing false - rationalizer that ever existed? (second only to Ali and Crys - but more on that some other time...) Usually Yelz is there to reign me in, but yesterday, only by the grace of god could I have walked out of there empty handed.

To passerby's judging my purchases, I'm sure I looked as if I were in the midst of a major nervous breakdown.
In actuality, I was in the midst of a typical Monday night. (Or any night at that):

~One GIGANTIC bag of PB M&M's (the size that ziplocs if you needed a visual)
~4 (yes count them, 4) bags/batches of Duncan Hines Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
~One new pair of platform clogs (as pic'd, for a whopping $20 - who could've said no?)
~The Notebook on DVD
~Sixteen Candles on DVD
~Mascara
~A curling iron

The only thing missing? A box of tampons. But don't worry, I got those, and those alone, at Costco during last week's trip up to East Harlem. Reminder: Costco doesn't supply you with bags. If you have plans of buying a 96count box of tampons to then walk home with, take the subway with, or get on the bus with, take a source of containment with you even if you're friends make fun of you for it later...

Needless to say, I've never had less remorse about such mundane splurges. Am I healed? Unlikely.

Tonight's PJs&H brought to you by Target's Mossimo Supply Co. (who'd'a thunk?!?)
Dear cheap platform clogs, you've made my week. Yours truly, Legs.

1 comments:

laura said...

I stand by my original assertion that every item in that list was totally justified. Looking forward to eating one of those batches of cookies in a couple days...

Post a Comment