Tonight was a big night for Me-Maw...

While my Nanny has had the internet since the dawn of its time and can email you a photo quicker than you can say kazaam, my Me-Maw was a late bloomer in the realm of the world wide web.
She recently bought herself a dell laptop on QVC and had a modem and router installed in her home; which displeased her in both the look and the amount of boxes being installed.
Over Christmas break, we took a few hours to have a little tutorial: "Intro to the Internet", taught by none other than myself (that was maybe her first mistake).
The things I chose to school her in:
Email.
Shopping her fave catalogs.
Buying plane tickets to NYC.
Skype.
Checking the weather (I thought this would FOR SURE tickle her fancy - she LOVES the weather channel!)
Online Banking
She had the same response to all of these examples - "Well, no, I would NEVER do that!"
Re: Shopping - I could just call the number.
Re: Weather - I have the channel.
Re: Flights - You'd buy them.
We shared an outburst of laughter and I heard - "What the hell did I get this for?"
We finally gathered ourselves and while wiping her tears (we were REALLY tickled)
she says, "Now show me again how to google people's addresses and look at their houses from the street. I LOVE that!"
Oh boy, I love her!
Tonight however was a totally different story! My cousin Pamela set Me-Maw up with a Facebook account. That's right.
Now that she has graced 'the book of faces' [as I like to call it] with her own page, Me-Maw is sure to nip at the heels of Betty White in hosting SNL... it's only a matter of time.
While successfully skyping with me here in NY for her first time, Me-Maw got a call on her cell phone. Shortly after, she took a call on her house phone. While I waited patiently, I took her picture and then 'Tango Video Called' my parents from my cell phone so that they could see both her success and popularity.
Then... my brain exploded.
~Legs.
0 comments:
Post a Comment