Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Namaste




Today was supposed to be my first attempt at Bikram Yoga (or yoga at all) with Bikram Yoga connoisseur, close friend of 23 years, and international male super model, Coleman 'Earl' Wingo. For those of you who don't know, Bikram Yoga is just regular yoga... in a 105degree temperature controlled studio. To prepare for this venture, Yelz and I went shopping for the proper yoga attire a few weeks ago. Listen, I may die while trying to do 26 unfamiliar postures in a 105degree studio, but I am determined to look like a pro! Today, thanks to the snowglobe happening outside of our windows here in NYC, I got out of it... and out of seeing Cole in a speedo (true story). Feeling motivated - maybe from MTV's "I Used to be Fat"- I put in my Denise Austin's 'Power Yoga Plus' DVD, put on my highest high heels (because all the most fashionable fashionistas wear heels when doing yoga, RIGHT?), and got out my new mat. I was only seconds past 'Sun Salutation' before my heels ripped the mat ever so slightly. Barefoot, yet still motivated, I continued with the yoga and more enjoyable to me, the pilates. Success afterall.

~Kare*

0 comments:

Post a Comment