Friday, August 26, 2011

THE BIG 5-0!

Let's talk about something I just brushed right over.
Kerny's 50th!!!
I had plans to go home to celebrate with her over jewelry making and sun bathing, but Beyonce kind of trumped a 6hour bus ride and so Kern's birthday got hi-jacked.
Seriously, it's not my fault. I blame Beyonce.
Kerny is like Sean Connery. She doesn't get older, she just gets better.
I know they don't understand it, but this picture of my parents is one of my most favorite pictures of all time. I just love seeing my mom laugh SO hard that she's about to lose whatever she's chewing/drinking on. And I love that it is my Dad (with his custom-fit goofy-teeth) that is making her laugh so hard.

Kerny,
Thanks for always coming to visit me in NYC.
Thanks for going with me to my first Michael Buble concert (even though it was 4hours away and we didn't even sit together in the end).
Thanks for always fixing my jewelry, and buying me pretty things.
Thanks for thinking I'm funny... at least sometimes.
Thanks for always wanting to shop with me and always wanting me to shop with you.
Thanks for being possibly the most thoughtful person I know.
And Kern, thanks for giving your whole self, and practically your whole life, to your children and your husband. It's all you've wanted since you were a little girl was to be a mom and wife and I'm sure we take the fun out of it and let you down from time to time, but you still show us all the love & support you have to offer, no matter what. That, I believe, is what you call the opposite of selfish and it is an amazing example to set. My only trouble is following it... sometimes, but I continue to try.

Love,
Your Kare, Your Legs,
Me*

2 comments:

Pikula's said...

That is such a sweet post Karrie!!! Happy Birthday Kern!!

Sara said...

Love what you said about Karen :-) I totally agree. She was the best babysitter ever too! And I agree completely with this statement: "Kerny is like Sean Connery. She doesn't get older, she just gets better."

Post a Comment