This is what I remember from the last tropical storm we experienced:

Flooding.
23 people staying in our tiny tri-level.
No power for 2wks.
High water/mold lines.
Bene being preggers and uncomfortably sleeping on our love seat. And crying over her apt flooding.
A tree falling through Toya's roof.
The boys wearing poncho's and heading out in the truck to rescue people.
Going to my first day of work the next day in Ben's scrubs only to find out we were closed.
Those of us who decided to stay in the city and brave it out may very well be just plain stupid, but hopefully we're over estimating Irene's strength. The city's mass transit was shut down today at noon and lower Manhattan has already been evacuated. I'm about 2 blocks away from any evacuation zones and am prepared for no power. And by prepared I mean, I have showered, washed my hair, blow dried it, curled it, and baked cookies. That's right. The epitome of emergency preparedness. My 42hr kit consists of some bottled water, PB&H, and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (seriously, this may be what it takes to get me through that damn book). Sadly, Va has already had 2 deaths related to Irene, but my parents are safe & sound without power, but with close friends, a chief, and two cute puppies. Brace yourselves NYC, this could get ugly.
On that note, Ryan Gosling, Jason Sudeikis, or any other attractive, funny, & successful men who may have to evacuate their apts... you're welcome to come stay with me. I have cookies. I'm at 96th and Lex... See you soon.
Love,
~Kare*
1 comments:
23 people staying in our tiny tri-level.
No power for 2wks. -- MAN! That's not good. I hope you are doing OK. I had THREE pb and honey sandwiches over the weekend and I thought of you ;-) I hope you are doing well :-) -Sara Ann K. Owens.
Post a Comment